Here are some helpful tips to consider when living in your home, while it’s for sale.
- Start packing now – The secret to getting a house clutter-free is to remove the things you can live without while your home is on the market.
- Store it, sell it, chuck it, or donate it – While you’re packing, work on decluttering and throwing away or donating things you no longer need. It won’t just give you a head start on moving – Buyers appreciate extra space when searching for homes.
- Get squeaky clean – Lacking motivation to clean every cobweb off the ceiling fan or scrub the floor? A clean house can gain you $5,000-$10,000 on your home sale. Aim for five-star-hotel perfection when cleaning sinks, glass, mirrors, windows and toilets. Although most Buyers do recognize, you do still live in the home and sometimes showings are scheduled without much notice.
- Maintain your privacy and safety – People will look through your drawers, closets and medicine cabinets at Open Houses or showings. Make sure your Listing Agent insists that other Real Estate Agents accompany their prospective Buyers during Open Houses. Don’t keep anything in the house you don’t want anyone else to see and protect your valuables. When in doubt, lock it up.
- Involve your kids in the process – Make the prep process a game and challenge your kids to a contest of who can clean up their toys and belongings fastest. You might be surprised at how cooperative the kids are and how much fun they have when you yell “SHOWTIME”!
We hope you have found these Real Estate Tips helpful! Call or email us today with questions and/or to schedule an appointment to discuss your Real Estate needs! www.bluewestproperties.com #westmichigan #realestate