Tips to help you find a Real Estate Agent when buying a home:
When searching for the perfect Real Estate Agent to help you with what is more than likely the largest purchase of your life, here are some tips to guide you in your selection.
- Is the Real Estate Agent local? Are they familiar with the area well enough to guide you when it comes to your hobbies, interests, school districts, etc.? Are they able to get to the home quickly enough to get you in, especially in a market where homes are selling quickly?
- Do they have the time to devote to helping you find the home for you? Or are they so busy that when new homes pop up on the market, they can’t get you in on time? If you’re finding that the homes you’re interested in are sold before you get a chance to see them because of your agent’s schedule, you might need to find someone else to work with.
- Are they asking you questions to try to narrow down your search and understand the amenities and features that are important to you and your family?
- Do you have children, pets?
- Do you need everything on the main floor?
- Is privacy in your yard important to you?
- Would you like to have acreage or prefer to be in the City where you can walk to most places?
- Does your Real Estate Agent know your “must-haves” and “would like to haves”?
- Have they asked you to get pre-approved? Most sellers won’t accept your offer without feeling comfortable that you’re able to pay for it. So unless you’re checking the “Cash” box on your offer, a preapproval letter is a must! You will be prepared and confident when you do find THE home and it will make your offer look all that much stronger!
- Do your personalities mesh well? Let’s face it, we don’t always work well with everyone! Make sure you’re comfortable enough with your Real Estate Agent to not only be able to speak freely to your thoughts about the homes you’re touring, but also to ask questions to make sure you are getting what you want in the home-buying process.
- While we could go on and on, we will end on the note of preparation. Has the Real Estate Agent looked at the home(s) online to familiarize him/herself with it? Have they looked over the Seller’s Disclosure so they can answer your questions with the information provided? Are they experienced enough to walk through a home and point out potential issues or positive attributes? Do they offer up suggestions on furniture placement or reconfiguration of a room to make it most functional for your family?
We hope you have found these tips to be helpful! If you’re on the hunt for the right Buyer’s agent, call us at BlueWest Properties! We simply offer the Best Real Estate Agents in our Amazing Community! Find our incredibly talented and caring team at www.bluewestproperties.com!